People are using CBD oil to treat so many ailments these days. If you suffer from a sleep disorder, you’ve probably wondered whether this miraculous substance can help you too. People have been using cannabis as a sleep aid for millennia, and one of the few side effects of CBD is drowsiness, so it’s not much of a stretch to think that it can treat more serious sleep issues. Below, House of Oilworx will take a look at whether or not CBD oil can help those suffering from a wide range of sleep disorders.
Types of Sleep Disorders
Not sure whether or not you have a sleep disorder? Let’s take a look at some of the more common ones:
- Insomnia - This is a sleep disorder that keeps the person awake for long periods of time. It can range from having trouble getting to sleep some nights in a week to stretching out wakeful periods for days at a time with no chance of rest.
- Sleep Apnea - When a person has trouble breathing while they sleep, the lack of air intake prevents them from experiencing deep, full sleep cycles.
- Restless Leg Syndrome - A person who feels like their legs are constantly tingling or aching may be suffering from this condition. It often intensifies at night, leaving the person unable to relax and fall asleep.
- Narcolepsy - This is the sudden onset of sleep. It’s a dangerous condition, as a person who suffers from it can suddenly fall asleep anywhere, anytime.
There are many other sleep disorders, but these are the ones you’re most likely to run into. Many factors can contribute to the onset of a sleep disorder, such as genetics, injury, or medical conditions like asthma. When people have sleep disorders of any kind, it can quickly start to affect their cognition and leave them feeling lethargic, anxious, and even depressed. It can also lead to further medical problems, such as high blood pressure and heart disease. This is why it’s so important to get sleep disorders treated right away.
While more research needs to be done on the effects of CBD on particular sleep disorders, the initial results indicate that it may help alleviate the symptoms of all of the conditions listed above. If any of these conditions sound familiar to you, you might consider trying a daily dose of CBD around bedtime. If it’s a serious issue, you should also check in with your doctor to see if there are other solutions available. Most of the time, CBD can be used alongside other medications and treatments for sleeping disorders to provide even more benefit.
Treating Sleep Disorders with CBD
There are a lot of sleep disorders out there, and the research of CBD is just now ramping up. The more research that’s done, the more concrete answers there will be concerning this issue. In the meantime, many people have claimed that they use CBD successfully to induce a calm and sleepy state. Here are some other ways that CBD can help if you have trouble sleeping:
- Reduce Anxiety - If you suffer from anxiety that literally keeps you up at night and completely disrupts your sleep pattern, taking a CBD oil supplement can help calm those feelings and get you back into a restful state.
- Stabilize Sleep Patterns - CBD has been found to provide longer periods of uninterrupted sleep. This is due to the fact that CBD stimulates the endocannabinoid system that plays a role in stabilizing and monitoring our sleep patterns.
- Chronic Pain - If you suffer from chronic pain, you know how hard it can be to get through the day, let alone get a good night’s sleep. Those who take a CBD supplement for chronic pain, including restless leg syndrome, can not only find relief from the pain but also start to get more sleep. CBD inhibits the system that transports pain signals to our brains, so it’s scientifically known to help with this problem.
Fixing your sleep problems can greatly affect every other aspect of your life. It can improve your mood, reduce anxiety, and leave you with much more energy than before.
CBD Dosage and Sleep Disorders
If you’re thinking about using CBD as a supplement to help with your sleep troubles, there are a few things to take into consideration. You’ll probably want to take a supplement daily, to keep your sleep patterns regulated throughout the week. You’ll also need to find the dosage amount that works best for you. In general, it’s a good idea to start with the recommended dose specified on the package and then slowly increase or decrease the amount until you’re pleased with the results. For more information on CBD dosages, check out House of Oilworx’s blog on the subject here.
Again, if you believe that you have a sleep disorder, it’s a good idea to talk to your doctor. He or she will be able to let you know if CBD could interact with any of your other medications. In some cases, your doctor might even be able to help you monitor the success of your CBD treatments in helping you combat your sleep disorder. Sleep studies are very useful in diagnosing sleep disorders and tracking whether or not they have been alleviated.
CBD is well known to help people feel drowsy, reduce pain and anxiety, and improve sleep cycles. If you suffer from insomnia, restless leg syndrome, anxiety-induced sleeplessness, or another type of sleep disorder, you’ll probably benefit from a daily dose of CBD. A great aspect of CBD treatments is that mild drowsiness is one of the only side effects of taking it, so there’s no harm in trying it out to see if it helps your situation. If you purchase your CBD from House of Oilworx, you can rest easy knowing that you’ve received the highest quality, full-spectrum, 100% THC-free products!